Incumbent will work at an assigned reLogistics RLC location, within one of our national pallet processing operations sites, within a large warehouse environment.
The Assistant will handle all administrative / operational functions for this location, on the assigned shift. The Assistant RLC Manager will run an “off-shift,” with the schedule to be determined by the RLC Manager and will Coach, develop and retain employees and work to reduce turnover through hands-on management. The Assistant RLC Manager will have the responsibility to run the RLC in the absence of the RLC manager.
The Assistant RLC Manager will also implement Metrics for improvement of the assigned shift to ensure Continuous Process Improvement (CPI) in the operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Learning to recruit, develop and manage employees at RLC.
• Composes and types routine correspondence.
• Organizes and maintains file system, files correspondence and other records, and maintains employee personnel files.
• Orders and maintains supplies, and arranges for office equipment maintenance.
• Assists employees with general administrative questions regarding employment, pay, benefits, etc.
• Performs data entry of facility business activity.
• Learning to perform basic financial data entry.
• Assists in coordinating incoming and outgoing pallet loads.
• May be required to assist with forklift driver duties, as needed. This would include operating a forklift for supplying and retrieving pallets or materials to/from different areas within the warehouse, making accurate decisions regarding the movement of pallets or materials to maximize the efficiency of the location, as well as tracking these movements in a timely/legible manner on proper reLogistics forms.
• Learning to understand and operate a “Pallet Sorter Machine.”
• Other duties as assigned – defined as pallet/RPC/box sorting, driving a forklift or yard truck, running the driver window, data entry
This position will be trained to fully manage a crew of warehouse personnel, including general laborers and forklift drivers. Crews may work multiple shifts, and can range in size from three to twenty-five employees. The Assistant RLC Manager will Recruit, Hire and Train newly hired employees and will have the ability to hire, terminate, promote and discipline employees after discussion with the RLC Manager and Human Resources.
Education and/or Experience:
• High school diploma or GED is required. Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Requires three or more years related administrative and operational experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Basic accounting, payroll, and/or human resources experience is a plus.
• Previous experience working in a manufacturing, logistics, or distribution environment is.
• 1 – 2 years of previous management and/or supervisory experience is required.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations are desirable.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals is desirable.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public is desirable.
Must be able to speak, read, and write in English fluently. Spanish fluency highly desired. Excellent oral and written communication and impeccable presentation skills a must.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts in order to calculate loads, payroll hours, etc. Microsoft Excel skills required. P&L experience is a plus.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Forklift Certification required. Must possess a valid driver’s license to allow travel to various company locations if needed.
Other Skills and Abilities:
General knowledge of federal, state and local statutes governing HR practices. Skill in using MS Office products (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook PowerPoint, etc.). Ability to maintain strict confidentiality. Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and color vision.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.
• Eye and ear protection must be worn while in the production areas.
• Appropriate work clothing is required including long pants and safety shoes.